Edit 2006-09-13: It's broken now, probably due to layout changes. You should use the improved version that uses the LJ API to pull down it's data:
Improved LiveJournal OPML Generator.
I've written one with the following features:
- Doesn't need your password The newer one uses your password in a secure manner (it doesn't share it with my server)
- Includes friends, communities and feeds.
- Seperates friends, mutual friends, joined and watched communties and feeds.
- Feed URLs are the actual feed not a livejournal.com URL.
- Can optionally add auth=digest to all mutual friends and joined communities to facilitate reading friends-only posts in a news aggregator that supports authentication.
- Ignores suspended users.
- Pull in the actual journal names. It just uses the username as the title. Fixed in the newer one
I should also note that all requests to the LJ server are cached for 30 minutes, so if you run it, change your friends list and run it again, you won't see the changes immediately.
There are several other LJ to OPML utilities out there. First, the one in the memories
( Collapse )