Here's how it works.
- You'll need the GreaseMonkey add-on for Firefox.
- Download/install the script here. (Or, you can read about it here.)
- Once you install it, there'll be a new button in the HTML view when you post on LiveJournal called "Add Poll." Click on it.
- You can now add any number of questions and any number of options for each question. Plus, you can make your options appear as either check-boxes or radio buttons.
- When you're done, click on "Submit."
- A bunch of HTML will get pasted into your post. It contains the poll you just created and the results of it.
Note that the results are shown as images using the Google Chart API, so they dynamically change even through the poll is all static HTML.
See it in action!