FeedBurner has a feature that creates an animated gif of your recent headlines. Whenever you update your site (in the case of LJ, with public posts) it creates a new gif so its always current. You can throw a link to this image into your myspace profile to show people they can look at your lj too.
You can see how i used it here
How to do it:
- Go to FeedBurner (dont worry, its free).
- Enter this:
into the "Burn a Feed" box on the front page. Obviously, replace "ljusername" with your own.
- Register or sign in and follow the feedburner instructions.
- Once everything is set up, go to the "Publicize" tab
- In "publicize" click on "Headline Animator" in the left menu.
- Choose your image style and "Activate". Sadly there are only two image choices at the moment, hopefully there will be more to pick from in the future.
- Copy the generated html snippet.
- Go to MySpace.
- Login and choose "Edit Profile"
- You can put that code snippet in any of the boxes in the "Interests & Personality" section and save.
- Poof! You now have a scrolling broadcast of your most recent public lj posts on your myspace page that links directly to your lj.