- the user has added more people to his friends list
- the user has removed people from his friends list
- the user has been added as a friend
- the user has been removed as a friend
You can take a look at the PHP source code of this script: http://sumeet.info/hacks/ljNotify.phps
To set this up on your server, create a subdirectory named "data" in the folder where you run ljNotify from, and change the permissions of that directory to 755 (writable by you).
You need to edit the source and make the following changes:
1) Line 16: Edit the array to accomodate the LJ users you wish to monitor, in the format 'lj_username' => 'email_id@domain_name.ext'.
2) Line 24: Edit the "From:" part in the email notifications, to the email ID setup on your server.