* 2008-11-13 11:48pm GMT - New option added, "Center the page when width is reduced". Watch this post for new tweaks added, since I'll try to update it frequently.
* 2008-11-14 12:15pm GMT - Reorganised layout of options, fixed a bug in the 'move user stats' option, and added a new option for increasing the font size of the title and subtitle.
* 2008-11-14 12:31pm GMT - Tweaked order of settings a bit.
* 2008-11-17 12:05am GMT - Fixed script so it works on OpenID profiles too.
* 2008-11-17 1:43pm GMT - Added option to remove text from the topmost links.
* 2008-11-17 4:29pm GMT - Fixed a slight bug with the "remove text from topmost links" option preventing it from continuing when one of the options was greyed out.
* 2008-11-18 2:08am GMT - Reorganised the style code to allow for reliable removing of styles, added two tweaks from lienne, and added a third section to the list of tweaks, "Section tweaks".
* 2008-11-18 1:18pm GMT - Fixed a small bug that didn't remove the "Moderators" arrow.
* 2008-11-18 8:38pm GMT - Fixed a bug whereby Safari users (and potentially other browsers, too) could not use the script. However, please see the note below.]
Safari users: This script will not work in GreaseKit 1.4 or 1.5, due to the removal of some of the GM_* functions necessary for the script to work. However, there is a major vulnerability in GreaseKit 1.3 and below which can make your browsing unsafe. This script will work in GreaseKit 1.3, but I strongly advise that you wait for a new version of GreaseKit that fixes the problem and brings back the functions necessary for this script to run.
Note: To be informed of updates to this script, subscribe to the script update thread on this post (Paid users only, unfortunately.) When I update the script, I'll post a comment to the thread.
It's not hard to notice recently that there's been a lot of debate over the new profile page design, and a lot of people have been calling for changes.
I've taken the liberty to make a Greasemonkey script that, rather than forcing you to one specific layout, lets you pick and choose the tweaks you want to apply to the profile page. You can find the Greasemonkey script here:
After installing the script, go to a profile page and click the "Customize profile >>" link at the top. A box will show itself that allows you to make any of the following tweaks individually:
Tweaks to the top of the profile
- Move user stats to bottom of page
- Remove topmost horizontal rule
- Remove images on topmost links
- Remove text on topmost links (requires page reload to disable)
- Increase the font size of the title and subtitle
- Increase the font size of user stats
- Remove horizontal rules from all but the top
- Apply new section/subsection style (courtesy of lienne)
- Remove arrows from sections/subsections (courtesy of lienne)
- Add more spacing between sections
General layout tweaks
- Underline all links
- Reduce overall width of page
- Center the page when width is reduced
- Indent interests and user lists
Since you can choose any of these individually, you really can customise the page to how you *personally* want it to look. Changes take effect instantly, and are saved so you don't have to make these changes every time; they get automatically applied whenever you visit a profile page.
Note that this script only affects how you see the profile, not how anybody else sees yours.
If you have any suggestions for more tweaks to include, let me know and I'll do my best to include them. :)